Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Benjamin at 1 month:)






My blogging has been sporadic of late and I have lots of things to post about, but our desktop computer has recently decided that I can no longer view pictures or video on it... It seems as though all of our appliances and vehicles knew that I was without a job and decided to all break at once.  Gabe has a big lecture to give and has been working tirelessly with our laptop, so I try to grab it when I can to check email.  So, hopefully after the next few weeks I will be able to get caught up with the blog:)  Benjamin has turned a month and has grown/changed so much in that time I can't believe it.  I had upgraded him to 3 month clothes at about 2 weeks old, but the other day I realized that it was difficult to button the onesies and one piece pantsuits... sigh... I guess soon I will be digging out the 6 month clothes... 

James is in the midst of another language explosion and he is proving to be stubborn (as 2yo usually are) and absolutely hilarious at the same time.  He is in the "I will do it myself" phase, which takes longer, but is actually super helpful when he can climb up into the car seat by himself while I get the other 2 in.  He has also started singing lots of songs.  I have some video of him singing "rock a by baby" to Ben which is SO CUTE... maybe I will be able to upload that one soon.  James loves the show "Super Why" on PBS and has been amazing us with the letters he knows.... I fear that he is soon going to surpass his brother in this facet of learning.  I thought that he had just seen the show before when he would identify the letters on the tv before they were said, but he has started identifying those same letters EVERYWHERE.  He is really into wanting to know what all of the letters are and he is so good remembering them.  I have been blown away by this!  He also knows one knock knock joke, which he doesn't really get, but thinks that it is hilarious to say.  

Noah has had a physical growth spurt and looks like such a little man to me now... not sure how that happened.  He continues to be a very kind and loving big brother and is so helpful at home.  He can get himself into and buckle his car seat, get himself dressed, pick up after himself, help with dishes and cleaning. I realize that these may not seem like a big deal, but they are in making our day to day life easier! His gross motor has also improved and is so excited to play soccer, golf with daddy and grandpa, and basketball which starts this week.  He loves music and attending our new music class at the assisted living center in Falmouth (more about that in another post). The most fun thing about Noah now is that he loves to play games now.  Dominos, memory, candyland, duck-duck-goose, and his favorite right now: hide and seek.  James tries hard to play this game too which is very cute, but totally doesn't get the point and ends up giving away hiding places which is very frustrating to Noah.

No comments: