So over the course of a week we went from playing in the leaves with sweaters on to playing in the snow with full winter gear. We got only about 3 inches of snow, but it was just enough to play in and cause us to lose power for a day. One of the pros of losing power every time we have a storm (there aren't many) is that the kids are learning a lot about electricity and what we can and can't use when there is no power;) Gabe was working over night until noon the next day when we lost power. But it makes me feel accomplished when I can get the generator started on my own (it wasn't pretty and it took longer than it should have, but I did it)... it helps that Noah and James cheer when the lights come back on;)
Also, last week I had my first "oh my goodness I am living with 4 boys" moment... I am sure it will be one of many, but this one felt significant... it had to do with the bathroom. If I can be fully candid, I have been discouraging Noah from standing to pee since he started potty training. I knew that it was just a matter of time before he realized that it is way faster and cooler to pee standing, but I was hoping that he would be old enough to clean the bathroom himself. It is not that I am against the whole standing to pee thing, but I am against the mess that it makes, especially when you are little without great aim. Anyhow, he has started standing to pee and he seems to have good aim since I haven't noticed any odors from missed marks, but now boy bathroom issue #2... I walked in to use the bathroom the other day and the toilet seat was up. I realized that this is not a big deal and many of you are probably rolling your eyes, but I immediately had flashes of what it may be like living with 4 boys in a few years..... All I could think of was some dirty bachelor pad where I spend all of my time cleaning up after them. So, I feel like I have to be firm about the toilet seat down issue before they realized that I am severely out numbered here;) I wonder what else I may have to compromise on/adjust to over the next few years living with all boys... Growing up there was almost always a female majority where ever we went, so this is all new territory for me... I also have to say that this made me have a little more sympathy for my dad since I am sure he had many of these moments living with all girls...
No comments:
Post a Comment